Headphone purchase advise please
Dec 29, 2005 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sonoman

New Head-Fier
Hello all:
I am in the market for a set of headphones. I will be using them to play with Cakewalk's Project5. The headphones will not be directly hooked up to my laptop. The output from my laptop will be hooked up to my receiver and the headphones will get hooked up to the receiver. I can get better output this way. My headphones should not exceed the US$100.00 mark, I wish I could afford something better but I can't. I have done a bit of research and so far I am leaning towards the Sennheiser HD280. Please tell me what are your thoughts about this piece and what else can I consider to purchase. Thanks in advance and have a happy new year.

Dec 29, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonoman
Hello all:
Please tell me what are your thoughts about this piece and what else can I consider to purchase. Thanks in advance and have a happy new year.

What type of music do you listen to?

Dec 29, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
What type of music do you listen to?

I want to use the headphones mainly for composing electronic music.

To naswer your question, lately it has been mostly electronic but I also do jazz, fusion, ambient, chill, trance, rock, etc. Pretty much anything with very few exeptions. It just depends on my mood.

I would like a very neutral headphone that does not add anything to the recording. If I listen to a bad recording I want it to sound as bad as it was recorded. If it is an exceptional recording I want the headphones to give me their best performance. I hope this helps.

I will also consider used headphones if they are within my budget.

Dec 30, 2005 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 4
Sennheiser HD280 or Sony SA1000 are good choices then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back