Headphone potentiometer
Oct 18, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by zigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you mean an Alps 5000 Ohms?

I suppose your silence means a yes. And I suppose that it's technically right: in fact I read that Inano is born like passive potentiometer between a low impedance source and active loudspeakers. It means that the signal arrive directly to power amplifiers who usually have a high inpedance input, higher that 5000 Ohms.
But it's not good for a headphone low impedance input.

Btw thanks for your counseil.

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #18 of 19
hi zigo, apologies for not responding, sounds about right in terms of its ideal usage, i do use mine with speakers rather than with headphones.

i just wanted to thow the inano into the discussion, incase it was of any use for you, i would suggest the inano would degrade the audio less than software mixers for what its worth

good luck with sourcing a solution
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi zigo, apologies for not responding, sounds about right in terms of its ideal usage, i do use mine with speakers rather than with headphones.

i just wanted to thow the inano into the discussion, incase it was of any use for you, i would suggest the inano would degrade the audio less than software mixers for what its worth

good luck with sourcing a solution
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks Quaddy
I didn't tried Inano, but I think that, comparing with RME software, I can say that Rme software degrades the sound when you attenuate a lot the signal (somebody here measured it in more that 30db), Inano with headphones by sure degrades the sound ever, and I suppose a lot, because the so high inpedance difference.
It is not for headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back