Headphone plastic (particularly Sennheiser...)
Jun 28, 2008 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Leto Atreides II

500+ Head-Fier
I'm assuming they all use ABS plastic. So, if I were to use some ABS primer + cement to affect a repair, it would work better than epoxy like QuikSteel?

I recently bought some broken hd580s that were too cheap to pass up (broken headband), and I thought I'd experiement before I try to get Sennheiser to sell me a replcement headband.

On that front... the HD525 and HD535 look like they would fit the 580 earcups, but I can't get a good enough photo to be sure. Has anyone ever tried doing this, for some reason? Or should I just buy the hd600 headband?

These are for personal use, not resale, so I don't really care if I have to spend up to ~ the cost of a normal used pair.

Jun 28, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #2 of 6
I've found a better picture of the HD525, and it really doesn't look like they would fit the 580 earcups.

ABS plastic cement isn't working too well either. It's meant for pipes, anyway.

Jun 29, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 6
I would personally glue the parts together with cyanoacrylate or Krazy glue. Then go over the joint with some epoxy or JB weld. Ive done this before in other applications as well as another pair of headphones and its held up.

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 6
All I can say is WOW.

I think I've found my open can.

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #5 of 6
i was watching that auction as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

did they end up having the newer white drivers or the original black ones?

Jun 29, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #6 of 6
Looks like black ones. I didn't notice any white whatsoever when I held them up top the sun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back