Headphone-Out Noise from GS3 >:(
Oct 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

suburbanite

100+ Head-Fier
PROBLEM:

My Samsung GS3 has so much noise (hissing, white noise) added to the sound when I listen to music. It's most audible at low volumes and during quiet sections of the music.

FACTS:

It happens regardless of file storage location- whether I play music from either my SDHC card or the device internal memory.

It happens regardless of the music player I use- whether it's WinAmp, Bubble UPnP or the OEM Samsung music player.

I'm listening from the GS3's headphone-out, through Etymotic HF5's with the foam cylinder ear tips, if that matters.

The device at issue is model SCH-I535.

I really want a "black" sound, no hissing/white noise

QUESTION:

What should I do?

Do you recommend any smartphones which have a "black" headphone-out?

Do you recommend a USB OTG (external) DAC/AMP which has a "black" headphone-out?

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 2
  PROBLEM:

My Samsung GS3 has so much noise (hissing, white noise) added to the sound when I listen to music. It's most audible at low volumes and during quiet sections of the music.

FACTS:

It happens regardless of file storage location- whether I play music from either my SDHC card or the device internal memory.

It happens regardless of the music player I use- whether it's WinAmp, Bubble UPnP or the OEM Samsung music player.

I'm listening from the GS3's headphone-out, through Etymotic HF5's with the foam cylinder ear tips, if that matters.

The device at issue is model SCH-I535.

I really want a "black" sound, no hissing/white noise

QUESTION:

What should I do?

Do you recommend any smartphones which have a "black" headphone-out?

Do you recommend a USB OTG (external) DAC/AMP which has a "black" headphone-out?

Maybe the iBasso D-zero?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back