Headphone out into an amp? Help Plox
Apr 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TadHalder

New Head-Fier
Well hello, Im using the focusrite forte as an interface and dac, I would like to add an amp preferably the O2 to power my senny HD600's the issue which im having is, im already using the line outs for my Studio monitors, can I go from the headphone out of the forte into the o2 amp with a 1/4 to 3.5mm cable? would that work fine? Thanks!

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #3 of 4
Um, i guess? If you're doing this for sound improvement, i don't think you'll find any.
Unless you're having a hard time driving your headphones with your current amp (i'm not familiar with their specs).

Apr 5, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #4 of 4
It will certainly work, but not how I would go about it.

1. Do your studio monitors have a separate amp? is it a good one? If so, it likely has a headphone out. I would try that and see if it sounds good. I've seen some headphone amps with speaker terminals - you could look for and all-in-one solution like that assuming impedances work.
2. The other option is to get a headphone amp with a line out for your monitors.
3. If your studio monitors are just basic consumer stuff like computer speakers, you could probably run them off the headphone output and use the line out for your headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back