Headphone or Hat dilemma
Jun 20, 2011 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pox67

New Head-Fier

I think I have solved the headphone hat dilemma. Problem was I wanted to listen to my new Senn HD25-1 II's but I also wanted to wear my hat.

After some pondering I came up with this. I originally though of some sort of over the top of the ear loop to keep them in place but decided on an over the head strap as it is simpler.

Very simple in fact:
1. Strip of plastic, I used doubled over clear packing tap.
2. Two rubber bands

Basically I put the rubber bands over the ear phones and slid the plastic strip underneath. Then got the correct length where the plastic would go over my head and the headphones sit on my ears with the headphone band behind my head.
Then it was just a matter of folding the plastic strip over the rubber band and sticky taping in place, then cutting off the excess.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea but it works for me. My wife laughed but still let me go outside so it can't be too bad.

I wouldn't mind finding some nice black rubber bands, those dark purple ones are the best I could scrounge around the house. The natural rubber coloured ones looked a bit naff.

Initial ugly rubber band design

Improved model with purple rubber band

Jun 20, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #2 of 6
Darn. I was hoping you had revolutionized the headphone industry by inventing the Hatphone. :frowning2:

Jun 27, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 6
Awesome work.

Jun 27, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #4 of 6
You should turn the HD25 around so you can use the black bands as an old American football helmet!! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks!

I have been using it for a week now and all good. Haven't noticed too many strange looks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back