Headphone Open Day @ HiFi Lounge (UK) - November 16th, Prizes and Special One Off Prices!
Nov 15, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #16 of 25
We're All Ready For Tomorrow's Headphone Day!

Hi All,

Been busy converting all the rooms into headphone rooms today in readiness for tomorrow, with the idea being that you can come in and grab a pair of headphones and listen wherever you like on whatever amp you like, just to re-cap, below is a list of what amps are in what rooms, depending how busy it gets downstairs regarding headphones we may use that as a HiFi Listening room with my new PrimaLuna valve amp and Maggie 12’s setup.

Please feel free to bring any music you’d like to listen to on either a memory stick or on an old fashioned CD :)

Don’t forget the great offers on Sennheiser Club Orpheus products as well as on HiFiMan, Stax and the Astell & Kern portable players.

And Finally if you come in remember to register your details to enter the draw to win a pair of HiFiMan HE-400’s and an Omega Headphone Stand.

Amps are set up as below -

Original Headphone Room (Upstairs)

Stax SRM-007tII Kimik Energiser With the SR-007’s and SR-009’s running

Stax SRM- 006tS Energiser with SR-507’s and SR-407’s running

Stax SRM-252S Energiser with SR-207’s

Sennheiser HDVD 800

T+A DAC8 Headphone Amp + DAC

Source - Naim ND5 XS streamer, Bryston BCD-1 CD Player

Main Demo Room (Upstairs)

Bryston BHA-1

HiFiMan EF-6 with HE-6 Headphones

Heed CanAmp

Burson Soloist

Burson Conductor

Beyerdynamic A1

Source - OPPO BDP-105 feeding 5 amps, what a piece of kit :)

Demo Room (Downstairs)

Naim DAC-V1

Musical Fidelity M1HPAP

Beyerdynamic A20

Hopefully that will be enough options for everyone, please see a few pics below, I can’t see it staying that tidy for long though.

Hope to see you tomorrow,

Cheers,

Paul.

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #17 of 25
Some good news for us Audeze fans in the UK, I have just spoke to the UK distributor and we should have stock in the UK sometime next month 
smily_headphones1.gif

I've got a pair of the X and XC coming in for demo, can't wait to have a listen, the only thing is that the XC is only going to be available in the Bubinga finish to start with.

Shame they are not going to be here for our Headphone Open Day tomorrow but at least we know we will have them before Christmas which is great news 
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #18 of 25
Breaking News

I have just arranged for both the Mad Dog and Alpha Dog headphones to be here for tomorrow's open day, I can't wait myself as I have yet to hear these, especially considering that the Alpha dog is the first proper headphone constructed from 3D printing, should be really interesting :) 

Cheers,

Nov 15, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #19 of 25
  Breaking News

I have just arranged for both the Mad Dog and Alpha Dog headphones to be here for tomorrow's open day, I can't wait myself as I have yet to hear these, especially considering that the Alpha dog is the first proper headphone constructed from 3D printing, should be really interesting :) 

Cheers,

Oooh Alpha Dogs, hell yeah! Very interested in trying them out.

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #21 of 25
A Big Thanks To Everyone Who Came Along To Our Headphone Day!

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who came along to our headphone open day yesterday as I really didn’t know what to expect but as ever we had a great turnout with some familiar faces and new faces, with people coming from all over the country, I think the record goes though to Daniel who came from Leeds via train then taxi, it was certainly a fun day.

We’d also like to thank Mark from Electromod and Nigel from Symmetry for giving up their Saturday to help out, I definitely wouldn’t have been able to cope without your support so thanks again guys, you were a great help.

We’d also like to congratulate Ian who won our prize draw for the HiFiMan HE-400’s and Omega Headphone stand, I just thought this morning I really should have took a photo of the prize giving, I’ll get the hang of this one day, anyway I hope you enjoy a great pair of headphones Ian :)

I think we will make this a yearly event now around the middle of November each year as the headphone market is flying along at such an incredible pace at the moment that every 12 months there will definitely be plenty of new cans and amps to play with, the stand out new headphones at yesterdays event have got the be the MrSpeakers Mad Dog and Alpha Dog headphones, amazing value for money with a sound that far exceeds their price and being that I haven’t got that many closed back designs they will soon be on Demo at HiFi Lounge.

so thanks again to everyone that came along to which had to be the quietest open day we have done so far, not in numbers but in noise, it was eerily quiet for an open day as we usually have some large speakers blasting out but all you could hear was tizz, tizz, tizz :)

I have been in this morning and totally pulled apart the headphone room and moved everything around and re-cabled everything, this is the first time in 12 months and over that period the amount of amps and headphones has increased quite dramatically so it has been a very refreshing piece of housekeeping that looks far tidier for it and hopefully will sound even better.

Well, that is us done for open days this year, it has certainly been a busy year but brilliant fun so keep an eye on our events page for next years upcoming open days and events, there are sure to be plenty to look forward to.

Don't forget we'll have the Audeze LCD-X and LCD-XC on demo very shortly along with the MrSpeakers Mad Dog and Alpha Dog :)

We didn’t take many pics but here are a couple -

A Re-Jigged Headphone Room!

Nov 18, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #22 of 25
Had an awesome time that day, great bunch of people, and some fantastic kit. Big thanks to Paul, Mark, Nigel, and anyone else who helped or brought in their gear for others to try (especially that Smyth Realiser...).

Cheers guys!

Here are some pics I snapped on the day:

Nov 20, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #23 of 25
Hey ninjapirate, great to meet you at the weekend, and thanks for taking so many amazing pictures, I'm about to download them and blog them on my website if you don't mind as I really didn't take enough pictures on the day.

Just to let everyone know, due to the success of the Open Day and the fact that a couple of guys who were planning to come along couldn't make it so Sennheiser have agreed to continue their Club Orpheus price promotion until November 29th, so if any of the below prices look interesting please give me a ring on 01767 448121, cheers, Paul.

HD800 Headphones - List - £999.99 Offer - £799.99
HD700 Headphones - List - £599.99 Offer - £499.99
IE800 In-Ear Headphones - List - £599.99 Offer - £499.99
RS220 Wireless Headphones - List - £379.99 Offer - £329.99
HDVA 600 Amp - List £1,199.99 - Offer - £1099.99
HDVD 800 Amp - List £1499.99 - Offer - £1299.99
Momentum Headphones - List £259.99 - Offer £219.99

Nov 20, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #24 of 25
  Hey ninjapirate, great to meet you at the weekend, and thanks for taking so many amazing pictures, I'm about to download them and blog them on my website if you don't mind as I really didn't take enough pictures on the day.

Just to let everyone know, due to the success of the Open Day and the fact that a couple of guys who were planning to come along couldn't make it so Sennheiser have agreed to continue their Club Orpheus price promotion until November 29th, so if any of the below prices look interesting please give me a ring on 01767 448121, cheers, Paul.

HD800 Headphones - List - £999.99 Offer - £799.99
HD700 Headphones - List - £599.99 Offer - £499.99
IE800 In-Ear Headphones - List - £599.99 Offer - £499.99
RS220 Wireless Headphones - List - £379.99 Offer - £329.99
HDVA 600 Amp - List £1,199.99 - Offer - £1099.99
HDVD 800 Amp - List £1499.99 - Offer - £1299.99
Momentum Headphones - List £259.99 - Offer £219.99

Go ahead and post them Paul :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back