Headphone nub looking for help/advice
Mar 13, 2008 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sanji-kun

New Head-Fier
I will be essentially using them for blu-ray's and games on my ps3 and HDTV. Initially i was looking for some 5.1 headphones but once i did a little bit of research i found out that they were not worth it and a bit of a con.

My price range is about £70-£80 and im quite clueless about what to get. I don't know if open or closed headphones would suit me best. But from what i have heard Beyerdynamic DT770-PRO and ATH-AD700 seem to be quite good but i have no idea if are suitable for me.

Seriously any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Mar 14, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 5
The DT770's are a closed headphone. While I haven't heard them, they seem to have a reputation for being bassy.

Closed headphones are good for situations where you want isolation (you don't want to hear anything other than the music and/or people don't want to hear your music). Open headphones let everyone around you know what you're listening to. If you'll just be using a pair of headphones in private, most people recommend open headphones since they tend to have better sound quality.

I personally can't give any recommendations since I haven't looked at headphones that are good for gaming and movies. Someone probably has a good suggestion for your price range.

Mar 14, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 5
Get the goldring dr150 £60.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #5 of 5
Ok thanks so much for the help so far.

May i ask c64 why you would recommend goldring dr150, are the good for gaming, are they open, are they good for general movie watching?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back