Headphone Noobie - Thanks for the reviews on this site.
Sep 4, 2012 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

redpops

New Head-Fier
First time post but I must admit a bit of a lurker. But the site impressed me that much I thought I might as well join. Been looking around for a specific type of headphone in terms of sound, comfort & usage etc. The opinions and reviews on this site are amazing and have saved me a lot of time and effort.
And the other amazing thing is that in general the descriptions of headphones are fairly well based on here. So a big thanks to all the people who put up decent and well informed reviews and shared their perspectives and opinions of headphones. Helps a lot of people like me who don't have access to row upon row of headphones to try out. Good stuff and thanks again.
By the way ended up getting Shure 840's and Audio Technica AD900 as they sounded just right for my ears - based on being able to actually listen to some in a store. I did compare with some sennheisers, beyerdynamics, AKG and denon and the Shures and AT's felt spot on from the get go.
Now I'm off to have a look around the site at headphone amp's.

Sep 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #3 of 3
Well as it turns out I have taken the AT's back. Midrange too much for my ears. Thoroughly enjoying the 840's though. A reasonable set that does the job with a minimum of fuss and I can see why those owners on here appreciate them so much. Only gripe is the heavy headband - after about an hour it places a bit of pressure on the top of my head. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back