headphone newbie needs decent amp for sennheiser hd650's
Jul 25, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come on... after all its pretty simple to convert - just divide by 2.

What he meant prolly was that you have to pay VAT and customs taxes, when you import outside of EU. There are some great deals in USA and many Europeans
would be more than happy to purchase stuff from there, but if you add shipping + VAT + customs it is another case of tearjerker.

Jul 25, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #17 of 25
I would seriously consider commissioning a DIYer to build a CKIII. Excellent SS amp that has incredibly synergy with the Senns. I loved it with my HD600.

Jul 25, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #18 of 25
There are a lot of great amps out there for under $500. The little dot amps are a great value, so I would consider those. Keep an eye out in the buy/sell/trade forums here, you will likely find some really great deals.

Jul 25, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #19 of 25
Headamp Gilmore Lite works wonderfully for me using my Senn 650s and the price couldn't be beat....from FS forum.

Welcome to Head-Fi!

IMO - Do not use the Heed Canamp with the 650s...it's a great amp but not with the 650s IMHO.

Jul 25, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #20 of 25
thanks for the replies.

darkvoice2003 I have just tried to add you to my msn but it says you don't have a valid account?

I really would like a littledot or darkvoice amp as they both looks good, are very reasonably priced and i've always fancied dabbling in the valve side of things but put off by the fact i'm not able to demo them with my senns, and i don't have a clue about valves (upgrades/different sounds etc)

How much would a 337 / 337se cost me altogether. I have seen them on your website and they look stunning and I just hope they'd sound as good with my headphones.

Thanks
Mark

Jul 25, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by inthecup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you mean if you can figure out how to drive it from your laptop? Thanks.

Well... I mean cabling - it doesn't have a USB port, only RCA input. You must have RCA connections on your PC, or an adapter cable to convert from USB, or whatever you've got, to RCA connections.

Jul 25, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by argentum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What he meant prolly was that you have to pay VAT and customs taxes, when you import outside of EU. There are some great deals in USA and many Europeans
would be more than happy to purchase stuff from there, but if you add shipping + VAT + customs it is another case of tearjerker.

So the VAT applies to the UK also?

Obviously you can't "divide by ~2" to convert to Euro, you'd have to divide by ~1.5 + the VAT.

Jul 25, 2008 at 10:52 AM Post #23 of 25
my m audio sound card has rca in and out so i can output to all of the amps listed through my sound card
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #25 of 25
An amp which LOVES the HD650 is the KICAS Caliente from Purity Audio. I was concerned that, with the strong bass portrayal of the HD650 and the slightly warmed bass presentation of the "Caliente" version of the KICAS amp, that it might be too much. It is not. The bass is presented so transparently, cleanly and so well toned that it provides a strong and meaty spectral foundation for the music without overpowering or obscuring voices in any other spectral region. It can be spooky just how real and present the musical voices sound, particularly human voice. The spatial aspects of the music with the HD650/Caliente combo are presented in a realistically life-size, highly coherent and compellingly convincing soundstage. The dynamic range of this combo is enviable as well - from the faintest features (which are fully formed in exquisite detail) to the largest, boldest features (which are also displayed in their full size and intensity without saturation or distortion, spectral or timbral). From classical instrumental through progressive metal and into the farthest realms of electronica, this combo performs convincingly and movingly. It comes from Canada, and runs about $400.00 USD + shipping.

Here's their link, if you'd care to check it out:
Purity Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back