HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013
May 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #106 of 645
I am on the market for a better DAC/source so this is great timing, thanks! I can also bring anything in gear list in my signature which may be of interest to other head-fiers.

May 30, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #107 of 645
Quote:
Quote:
I'll be bringing a buddy (weirdfishes), so that's one down! 
smile.gif

Thanks Warren . Guys lets keep this going. We can pull this off.

I'll be inviting SoCal people at T.H.E. Show this weekend.  With any luck, maybe we can get a whole bunch of SoCalers to take a big road trip?  Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Thanks for the add Frank. I don't really have anything to bring unfortunately. I only have a pair of MDR-v6s with Beyerdynamic pads but I'm sure that's just boring compared to what everyone else is bringing. I look forward to meeting everyone though!

Hey chunk, I wouldn't mind hearing that as I've never heard a V6.  Do you still have the stock pads?  And is there a significant SQ change with the Beyer pads (or is it more of a comfort thing)?

May 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #108 of 645
Quote:
I am on the market for a better DAC/source so this is great timing, thanks! I can also bring anything in gear list in my signature which may be of interest to other head-fiers.

Your welcome to bring what ever you like. I look forward to meeting you there. My plane tickets are booked.  I will be there Thursday 8/8. Early flight out of Philly.

May 30, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #109 of 645
Quote:

I'll be inviting SoCal people at T.H.E. Show this weekend.  With any luck, maybe we can get a whole bunch of SoCalers to take a big road trip?  Fingers crossed!

Hey chunk, I wouldn't mind hearing that as I've never heard a V6.  Do you still have the stock pads?  And is there a significant SQ change with the Beyer pads (or is it more of a comfort thing)?

Warren talk it up. i booked my flight today for me and my wife so we will be there to support the Headmaster event. I arrive on 8/8 in the early morning.

May 30, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #110 of 645
I can't message them now, as I have to go very soon, but message Kramer(not sure if thats his full username, but he has a bunch of posts, in the thousands, and made the Kramer KCS75 mod thing) and ChrisHimself to see if they can come.

May 30, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #111 of 645
Quote:
Warren talk it up. i booked my flight today for me and my wife so we will be there to support the Headmaster event. I arrive on 8/8 in the early morning.

Will do Sir! 
smile.gif

Quote:
I can't message them now, as I have to go very soon, but message Kramer(not sure if thats his full username, but he has a bunch of posts, in the thousands, and made the Kramer KCS75 mod thing) and ChrisHimself to see if they can come.

Wait, Kramer5150 is the Kramer mod Kramer?

May 30, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #112 of 645
Quote:
Quote:

Wait, Kramer5150 is the Kramer mod Kramer?

Yes.

May 30, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #115 of 645
I will send Chris  one also. Just so you guys know  Jason At Oppo is committing some BDP105 for us to use for the show in the Headmaster meet and also for the Headmaster event. You guys are in for a treat. Bring jumpers  and XLR calbles as well as USB cables if you want to use one. If people have XLR jumpers and RCS jumpers you can hook up 4 amps to one source. Two balanced and two single ended. The 105 is something very special.

May 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #116 of 645
Quote:

Well then I'll be glad to bring them. I do still have the stock pads, I did the pad swap a few hours after I got the headphones but from what I could tell, the sound quality compared to stock is somewhat altered. The treble mellowed out and the bass feels tighter but the main reason I swapped them was for comfort.

May 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #117 of 645
Quote:
Quote:

Well then I'll be glad to bring them. I do still have the stock pads, I did the pad swap a few hours after I got the headphones but from what I could tell, the sound quality compared to stock is somewhat altered. The treble mellowed out and the bass feels tighter but the main reason I swapped them was for comfort.

Thanks, that'd be great!  I've had several people tell me that I need to hear these.  Just never got around to picking up a pair myself. 
redface.gif

Jun 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #119 of 645
I will also be bringing a Paradox by LFF. And by the time of the meet, my DT880's will be open, not closed. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #120 of 645
I know college is ending soon for all the students on trimesters. I am looking forward to getting the word out some more for more attendees. Look for some advertising for the show coming in a short while to help us promote the show but I want the Headmaster to be a success. We still need a bigger contingency to make this a super event.  If you guys know anyone in the bay are to help make this successfully tell the m to jump on board for the meet.  I am also open for some more suggestions on what you guys would like to see happen at the event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back