HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013
May 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #91 of 645
Quote:
The show is going to be fantastic for you guys also to hear great two channel setup plus 100K speakers and entertainment also. You  have a pass for three days.

yeah there will be all sorts of stuff to see and hear.
Everything from the Audioengine guys in the rooms right on u to top-of-the-line E.A.R and Marten Audio, crazy turntables...
That's the world I come from - so it's still great to see what's going on in high end two-channel.

Thanks for the kind words bout THE Show Frank!
Lookin' forward to seeing you in the Bay Area!!

Finally settled on my reference headphone amp:
The E.A.R HP4!!  I LOVE it.  I'm also loving Ray Samuels The DarkStar and the Burson Conductor

May 26, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #93 of 645
Quote:
Michael this is fantastic. I look forward to jumping in myself. Great news!!!!  Michael is an true friend of headfi and you guys are in for a treat in hanging with Mike Mercer

WOW Frank.

Thank you very much for the kind words brotha!  Your reviews have been fantastic lately btw - and it been a privilege to be there to see you reach across the generational gap with your passion for this hobby - with both of us having roots in high end two-channel too!

I cant turn off my passion (sometimes I honestly wish I could) - so when I meet somebody like Frank I it keeps the flame burnin!!

Got to rock these AKG K100's at my friend Bob Levi's (pres - LA OC Audio Society) place!
Bob's deeply into the headphone hobby!  We've done lots of geek-out sessions together - tube rolling and such!
Here he wired a wonderful tube amp to the K1000's - clean and engaging, magical...

This was the amp he was using to drive em! (forget the make and model, sorry):

sounded luscious!! 

May 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #94 of 645
I have yet to spend some time with the AKG 1000. I have a Woo WA5 speaker/headphone amp being built  and would love to hear  pair of those AKG. i will have to seek out a pair to listen too. That amp looks fantastic. I guess he running them off the speaker taps.

Guys having Michael at the meet will be a treat for everyone. Hoping we can get this up to 100 people.

May 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #95 of 645
Did you count me in, Frank? I'm planning to attend. I know that Rob from Echo Audio and Damon from Coffman Labs are also going to be there. They have already arranged to have a booth and are bringing the new H1-A to demo.

-sheldon

May 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #96 of 645
Quote:
Did you count me in, Frank? I'm planning to attend. I know that Rob from Echo Audio and Damon from Coffman Labs are also going to be there. They have already arranged to have a booth and are bringing the new H1-A to demo.

-sheldon

That is terrific. I will mark you down and if any other vendors are interested in attending please do not hesitate to contact me through PM.

May 29, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #97 of 645
I will DEFINITELY be making this.
Count on me to bring my ATH W3000anv (VERY VERY CAREFULLY)!! 
I will also bring: 

Maddogs (revision 3.2) unbalanced
AudioQuest Dragonfly
an undetermined portable dac/amp :)

May 29, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #99 of 645
Hey, guys & gals.
Sorry about this but my travel plans have changed and I will not be able to attend this meet.
Thanks to all who have offered to help.
Have fun!

May 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #100 of 645
Quote:
Hey, guys & gals.
Sorry about this but my travel plans have changed and I will not be able to attend this meet.
Thanks to all who have offered to help.
Have fun!

Jeez, Clayton. 2 meets in a row. Haha.

May 30, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #101 of 645
Clayton will be missed. This is still early but we would like a bigger contingency . So please spread the word and if everyone gets one more person to attend this will double the attendance. We certainly have the room for a bunch more and this will be a terrific show and event just like last year with a twist. The Headfi community can make a huge difference with their presence and show the two channel world why portable audio is not just a fad but the FUTURE.  Everybody work towards getting one or two more to show some gear.  

May 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #102 of 645
I'll be bringing a buddy (weirdfishes), so that's one down! 
smile.gif

May 30, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #104 of 645
Thanks for the add Frank. I don't really have anything to bring unfortunately. I only have a pair of MDR-v6s with Beyerdynamic pads but I'm sure that's just boring compared to what everyone else is bringing. I look forward to meeting everyone though!

May 30, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #105 of 645
Quote:
Thanks for the add Frank. I don't really have anything to bring unfortunately. I only have a pair of MDR-v6s with Beyerdynamic pads but I'm sure that's just boring compared to what everyone else is bringing. I look forward to meeting everyone though!

What ever you bring will be fine. If you could get some other s you know to come as well it would be appreciated. I look forward to meeting you  at the meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back