Headphone loving glasses wearers - how to solve that discomfort problem....
Oct 1, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #16 of 26
I just take my glasses off when the headphones go on. My abysmal uncorrected vision (near / legally blind) ‘steers’ me to more focused listening. When I post on Head-Fi, I just hold the iPhone close to my eyes….The wife thinks that I look absurd. If that perception is a ‘price’ of enjoying ZMF LTD Atrium Cocobolo…that is a deal!…🤣

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #17 of 26
you can get glasses that have a thinner part at the back; for me, i removed the plastic covering, exposing the metal but it ends up being thinner in the back, so i don't have as much of a problem with seal.

Oct 3, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #18 of 26
I tilt the arms of my glasses just enough to clear the ear pads. It helps that Oakley frames contour the face closely. I like the suggestions in this thread. I don't ever think I will adjust to idea of contact lenses. While practical, they are a nuisance to put on without constant use or practice. Fear The Finger Poke Of Doom!

Oct 3, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #19 of 26
These days I need reading glasses when I use my DAP, tablet or PC. When using headphones at the same time, I try to use the glasses with the thinnest arms and there's usually not too much of a seal or comfort issue.

Dec 3, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #22 of 26
The OPs glasses are the same style and I bet from the same assembly source) as the glasses the USN issued me to wear when using a gas mask or fire fighting gear!

I haven't seen them for private sale before and I wish I had seen this early in COVID as it would have made ear loop masks a lot more comfortable.

Apr 27, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #23 of 26
I usually just take my glasses off when listening to music, and since my eyes are so bad that I cant really be doing anything else other than sitting in front of my phone when doing so, I will hopefully be getting Lasek soon which am really excited about.

Apr 28, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #24 of 26
04.jpg
nitori.jpg

Are these glasses? It's sold in Japan.

Jun 7, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #25 of 26

Are these glasses? It's sold in Japan.

Looks like it could work

Any photos of people wearing it?

I guess any suitable frame would be fine because you can get lenses for custom frames these days

So the hardest part is finding a suitable frame that doesnt clash with over-ear or on-ear headphones

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #26 of 26
I get by far the most out of music - speakers or headphones with eyes closed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back