Headphone line AB switch
Jul 14, 2004 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NPoet

100+ Head-Fier
Any ideas on making a cheap AB switch so that I can plug my headphones into a front plug, and run two lines back to the back of my computer to two different sound cards, one line for my audigy, one for my av-710?

without a lot of quality loss I hope, though I just want it to work, not be a huge expensive project

Jul 14, 2004 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by NPoet
Any ideas on making a cheap AB switch so that I can plug my headphones into a front plug, and run two lines back to the back of my computer to two different sound cards, one line for my audigy, one for my av-710?

without a lot of quality loss I hope, though I just want it to work, not be a huge expensive project

How about a double pole, double throw switch? Wire the headphones to the center lugs and the inputs to the outer lugs. Switch up and you get the Audigy, switch down you get the av-710.

-Drew

Jul 14, 2004 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 3
I was reading about the attenuator types linked in the group buy thread. Gold Point has some source selector boxes using their attenuators. The page is here: http://www.goldpt.com/compare.html

If you click on the switches, the larger pictures show the prOn, er, guts. It appears left and right run through a 2P2T switch with ground tied together through out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back