Headphone jack won't fit over DAP case...
Sep 22, 2006 at 6:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cmirza

1000+ Head-Fier
Okay, I've got a 5G iPod and an iSkin eVo3, and I have a probelem when using my SR60s with them. The SR60s headphone jack is pretty large and is too large to use through the outlet the eVo3 provides for the headphone jack. I have to peel back the skin in order to use them. I figure i'm going to need some sort of 3.5mm F/M adapter with a male jack that is small enough to use with the eVo3. iSkin sells an adapter here but it's nearly $20 with shipping and I have no idea what quality cable they use. Could someone DIY something like this for a bit less perhaps? I could also go with the iPod Radio Remote which I've heard improves SQ on the 5G iPod (nicer opamp on it or something) but for $50. It might be worth the extra money if it really does improve SQ. Any ideas would be welcome, I hate having to open up the skin everytime I use my Grados, thanks.

Sep 22, 2006 at 6:31 AM Post #3 of 5
Hi cmirza, guess it's my turn to help you now
wink.gif

What I did was take a blade, an X-Acto, if you wish, and cut that thin silicone around the main headphone jack casing.

I also sliced off that stupid Hold button cover while I was at it.

It was my first DIY, and I was very pleased with the good results.

Of course, soon after that I got a BSE and never looked back
cool.gif

Sep 22, 2006 at 6:48 AM Post #4 of 5
Yeah, I'm considering some x-acto knife surgery. I would go with a BSE, but the iSkin has saved me from some close calls in the past when I dropped my iPod. I'm just apprehensive because every time I try something like this in the past it just ends up being a mess. So a small cable might be helpful...

Sep 22, 2006 at 6:51 AM Post #5 of 5
If you wish to go with a cable, then that Grado 1/4 to 1.8 adapter (or wtv it's called) may be for you.

I am the same too; everything I touched or attempted to mod and/or fix just got plain worse. But this one was so easy and fun that I was even happier with myself and the finished results.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back