Headphone jack issues
Jul 25, 2007 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

cp8ir

Head-Fier
First off, I am not a DIY person, so sorry for this basic question.

I have a PIMETA I've been using for quite awhile now. The last time I went to use it, sound only came from the left channel unless I plugged the headphone in halfway, at which time some sound came from both channels. I tried this with multiple headphones and got the same results. I assume then that something went wrong at the headphone jack. So, what can I do to fix this?

Jul 25, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 7
Since you as you put it you are not a DIY person I think your best bet would be to contact the person that built the amp and see if he will take a look at it for you.

Jul 25, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #3 of 7
I'm at least the third owner of this amp... the seller told me it was a Rockhopper build, so I'm not sure I can go that route anymore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since you as you put it you are not a DIY person I think your best bet would be to contact the person that built the amp and see if he will take a look at it for you.

Jul 26, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #5 of 7
This is probably on the contact tabs that got a little loose inside, bending it down will help, but that my be a little tricky as you need to know which is, probably the tip, that should be the left channel...

Jul 26, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #6 of 7
Well, I opened up the case and jiggled everything inside... very pathetic version of DIY, I know. Now the jack if fully functional again! There must be something loose in there still since I didn't really do anything, but it is working for now. Any ideas what I could look for if the problem returns?

Jul 26, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #7 of 7
If the problem returns you maybe have killed the soldering points of the jack because of excessive pluging in and out. If so, a quick soldering over it will fix the problem. Every electronics guy near to you will do it for a beer or two
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back