Headphone jack issues (Fiio E10, GSIII, Vmoda M80)
Nov 26, 2012 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

snowbrdr464

New Head-Fier
So I've been having a pretty complicated issue with my headphone jacks. Most importantly, today I just received a Fiio E10. My M80's work fine using the line out port, but when plugged into the headphone port, the sound is super warped, like there is no trebble. The sound however does sound fine if I stick in the jack like halfway and turn it in a certain position. This made me think that the E10 was defective.

However, when testing my Brainwavz M2's on the E10, I found that they sound perfectly fine when plugged into the headphone port. To complicate matters further, I tried both cables that came with the M80s, and both result in warped sound.

Also: my GSIII's headphone port has been acting up. My Meelectronic M6's sound somewhat fine in them, the M2's need to be placed in a certain position, and my M80s will barely play any sound. Not sure if this has anything to do with my E10 problem.

What kind of issue am I having? I have tried plugging the E10 into different USB ports, but that didn't work.

UPDATE: Just tested my friend's Beats earphones (came with his phone), and they're showing the same issue as the M80s.

EDIT: solved, I was using TRRS connecters, sorry forgot to edit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back