Headphone jack insert plug?
Jan 16, 2014 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Omshallom

New Head-Fier
I'm not quite sure how to word this properly, so please excuse my possible lack of descriptive ability.

I'm looking for some kind of plug to insert into a headphone jack, so when there is no headphone plugged into 
a phone or portable headphone amp, no dust or dirt can get into the device.

Does such a thing even exist?

I carry a portable amp in my pockets, and anything from sand, to bits of clothing dust balls are floating in my pockets.
Most of the time there is a headphone plugged into the jack ( getting from place to place ) , but usually once I arrive at my destination, I unplug my headphones from the headphone jack.

At this moment, I would like to know that nothing can enter the headphone jack.

Hope this makes sense, and someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks ^^

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #2 of 4
This sort of thing?

http://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/125000491/10pcs-high-quality-transparent-non?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_promoted_en_gb&utm_campaign=supplies_low

You've not been all too specific with your location so can't point you to a retailer. Google '3.5mm anti dust plug' or words to that effect and see what you find.

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #3 of 4
Yes!! , fantastic, that's exactly what I am looking for ^^

Google searching as we speak . 

( have updated my location to South Korea ) 

Much Thanks 
gs1000.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #4 of 4
My friend gave me this Christmas 2011. I've seen others that are flat (ie no tail hanging) that can work with portable amps. Just to get the idea out there in case you or anyone else want anything cute (check eBay and Amazon).

For my home amp I used to use a $0.50 adapter (1/4 socket to fit 1/8 plug), but just for kicks I put the other cat into the 1/8 socket on the adapter. I only have wide angle lenses and they can't take close-up photos of these though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back