Headphone Jack Broke, Now What?
Oct 1, 2014 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HanzoH

New Head-Fier
I have an HP Envy TouchSmart Notebook, with Beats Audio. I usually listen to music with this and a pair of Senal smh-1000 headphones. Recently I clumsily stepped on the laptop and I believe this is what broke the headphone jack. Audio from the speakers works fine. I can get some sound with the headphones but it is very distant sounding and not full like it was. I really enjoy the beats audio and think it sounds much better than my old run of the mill laptop audio did. I would buy a USB audio driver, but its my understanding that that would decrease the sound quality because the usb would not use the beats audio.

What can I do to get my old headphone audio quality back? Are there high quality USB adapters that will be just as good? Should I just get a new laptop (I bought laptop insurance that is still in effect that  covers pretty much everything)? Pay to get it fixed?

Thanks guys!

Oct 2, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #3 of 4
Buy a fiio x3, then you can use it as a mp3 player aswell as a dac, sound is perfect for me, and you also have a bass and treble udjust. :) just something to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back