Headphone import duty in AUstralia?
Feb 2, 2004 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zcx

100+ Head-Fier
I just order a W1000 from Japan.
It now has been sent to Australia.
And the "Express Post" also give me a letter said, "Guaranteed Next Day Delivery". But there is nothing say about the import duty in the letter.
All they said in the letter are something about the customs Tel, Fax, Business hour, and the Article Details,etc.
Nothing about the duty, and also as I know, There is duty free in USA if it is a headphone, no matter how expensive it is.
Even R10, still duty free, is that right?
confused.gif

So, what about Australia? I need pay something for the duty of the W1000 before they delivery it two me or I just sit and wait their delivery without paying the import duty??

Feb 2, 2004 at 9:28 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Snufkin
Your question was answered here

You will most likely pay 5% import duty and 10% gst on top before you can touch the headphones.

god gless australia
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2004 at 9:30 AM Post #4 of 5
But I can not get in touch with them at the moment, and the headphone will be delivery to me tomorrow.
so where can I pay the import duty if they need me pay the duty first then delivery the headphone to me?
Or they will delivery it, but they will charge me when the staff of the "express post" take the headphone to my home?

confused.gif

Feb 2, 2004 at 11:15 AM Post #5 of 5
Customs will get in touch with you if/when your extra fees are owed, you will then have to either go into customs to fill out paperwork and pay them, or fax them the relevant paperwork and pay them via credit card etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back