Headphone/IEM for someone who likes songs with vocals like...
Aug 29, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #17 of 25
If the SE420 vocals give an indication of the SE530, then +1. If Shure had a different cabling system, I probably would have considered upgrading - but the shockingly poor bass performance on SE420 pretty much killed Shure's credibility on marketing.

"Heart-pounding performance featuring Dual TruAcoustic MicroSpeakers, the SE420 uses a dedicated tweeter and woofer to provide a detailed sound stage. Lows, mids, and highs are distinct and defined for accurate reproduction of all the details of your music."

LOL! But, I did send them to Shure to check if they are defect. Heart-pounding? Sigh.

Aug 29, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #18 of 25
SE530 would get my vote.

Aug 30, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #19 of 25
FYI, Just did an A-B with an IE8...the IE8 has a wider, very airy soundstage, as well as lower bass extension, but it had such a recessed midrange that the singer sounded like she was located in the back of the stage, significantly covered by all the instrumental/acoustic accompaniment....just shows how beautiful and incredible the midrange on the Shure is...

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:56 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYI, Just did an A-B with an IE8...the IE8 has a wider, very airy soundstage, as well as lower bass extension, but it had such a recessed midrange that the singer sounded like she was located in the back of the stage, significantly covered by all the instrumental/acoustic accompaniment....just shows how beautiful and incredible the midrange on the Shure is...

The ie8 mids are indeed recessed but I don't hear the part where you say that singer is covered by all instruments!I hear the singer infront and in your face kind of presentation and the instruments are far away behind the singer due to the very wide soundstage so you think that they are far away at the back of your head.but for vocals the ie8 is superb and especially female vocals which sound so sweet.

Aug 30, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #21 of 25
Thanks for all the replies. Did some research and so far I like

Shure SE530 - My price limit but sounds perfect for me if i am willing to spend
shure srh840 - this babies look comfy! price and quality sounds similar to SE530. Have to try on similar sized headphones if it's not to big of a horse to walk around the park with :p
cresyn c750e - being nicknamed the midrange here, it sounds perfect for me. Their seemingly average bass won't be bothering me much
smily_headphones1.gif
. Not a fan of the stickinsect design but still will look at this for a USD 100 range set
audio tehnica ath-CK10 - close to se530 price range. interesting. need to check more
natural heads re0 - not much glowing reviews for it's midrange?
natural heads re03 - is this the same as re3? to be released soon yes? need to read up more

Phiaton PS200 - looks so cool with the fan-like design but most review seems to indicate average sounding and the deal breaker is that it's loose. I sometimes use it at gym
sleek sa6 - 250 bucks! and seems to be more geared for low-range. Deal breaker though is the small parts. I lose lotsa lego parts when i am small :p

Aug 30, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #23 of 25
I think most users of CK100 and SE530 are agree on this "vocal really shines on CK100 than SE530". But you can buy 2 IEMs in $300 price range and these canbe use for different genres. I will recomand Cresyn 750E for vocals, JVC FX500 and C710 for bass with great details in mids and highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back