Headphone help?
Jan 5, 2005 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Sphinx89

100+ Head-Fier
ok, just bought a Sony NWHD3 and need some headphones. Atm im using the default ones that come with it, pretty crap. I know nothing at all about headphones and the only other ones i have are Sony MDR-G52 headphones, but they are about 3 years old and the sound that comes out is pretty low in volume. Im looking to spend around £25-35. No specific requirements but i would like them to have good bass, so if you could give any names headphones and possibly a link that would be great

thanks

Jan 5, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 9
tbh, im not too bothered what form they are, but i would like them to be comfortable for long periods of time. My sony ones have rubber bits to keep them on your ears, but they hurt after a while

Jan 5, 2005 at 11:21 PM Post #7 of 9
Non-canalphone recommendations: KSC-35, PX100
Canalphone recommendations: Sharp MD33, Shure E2c
Earbud recommendation: Sony E888

I have listened to all of these cans before so I know they're okay. The problems I had with my E2s you should not have since the HD3 has a parametric EQ which lets you make up for the muddy sound of the un-EQed E2c.

Jan 6, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #8 of 9
Im not sure what that cooresponds to in USD...?

My suggestions...
KTXPro1 = $17 new on ebay
KSC75 = $20 J/R musicworld. just slightly less bass than KTXPro1, but slightly wider soundstage)
Portapro = $30. Most bass of the 3, but might be out of your price range.

If you need isolation, go for the EX51, and adjust your treble control to taste. IMHO the sony EX are noticeably less clear than the koss line. Midbass is very muddy IMHO... But theres PLENTY of it. Its like having a high-tuned, ported subwoofer inside your head. If youre listening to synth-bass you might prefer the EX51 over the koss products. IMHO the koss cans are better for jazz and acoustic bass.

I went with the KSC75 and am happy. its a very fun earclip to listen to. Sometimes I prefer it over my DT770.

Hope this helps...
Garrett

Jan 6, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #9 of 9
ah cheers, thanks everyone. Ill have a look around and se what i can find
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back