Headphone help.
Feb 7, 2022 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

romeozdistress

Head-Fier
I'm currently looking for some headphones to use with my phone. I have some hd 650s but those need to be powered. Should I be looking for something 32 ohms if I want to not use a headphone amp to listen to music on my phone? Avalone planar has a set I'm considering at 32 ohms. The shure srh1840 are 65 ohms. I will use them to play guitar quietly as well. I do have a budget amp but I don't have a chance to use it often. Most of the time I listen to music being mobile and sitting at my desk. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm currently looking for some headphones to use with my phone. I have some hd 650s but those need to be powered. Should I be looking for something 32 ohms if I want to not use a headphone amp to listen to music on my phone? Avalone planar has a set I'm considering at 32 ohms. The shure I would probably use them for playinsrh1840 are 65 ohms. I will use them to play guitar quietly as well. I do have a budget amp but I don't have a chance to use it often. Most of the time I listen to music being mobile and sitting at my desk. Thanks in advance.
iFi Hip-DAC?

Feb 7, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 4
I'm currently looking for some headphones to use with my phone. I have some hd 650s but those need to be powered. Should I be looking for something 32 ohms if I want to not use a headphone amp to listen to music on my phone? Avalone planar has a set I'm considering at 32 ohms. The shure I would probably use them for playinsrh1840 are 65 ohms. I will use them to play guitar quietly as well. I do have a budget amp but I don't have a chance to use it often. Most of the time I listen to music being mobile and sitting at my desk. Thanks in advance.
you could always pick up a mobile dac/amp such as the Q5K or the BTR5, I have the latter of the two and it can power my 150ohm HD660s surprisingly well. great little device. The person above recommended the ifi, which would also work well.

If you are looking for a low impedance pair of cans that you can run without an amp straight from your phone, the Grados are very sensitive, so i recommend checking those out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back