Headphone Help Please!
May 31, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #19 of 22
I'm kinda surprised that a lot of people say the D2000. He's running this out of his Ipod without an amp, wouldn't the 780 be the preferable one? I don't know since I haven't herd either, but going by what people have said in the past, the Denons NEED an amp to shine. I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but this sounds like fanboys...

To OP: I would go for the 780's due they can work well out of an Ipod. Also, remember to take all our opinion's with a grain of salt. We all buy different brands and LOVE to gloat about them to newcomers such as yourself. Do more research and, if you can, try them out for yourself. Only your ears will tell you the one that works...

May 31, 2009 at 12:09 PM Post #20 of 22
Denon adh2000 has an impedance of 25 and sensitivity of 106, better efficiency than any Ultrasone headphone. I've heard people say the 780 need an amp to shine as well. I have Pro 900 which has the same impedance/sensitivity as the 780 and they DO NOT sound right straight out of an ipod. If he really wants to buy an HFI and not use an amp, I highly recommend the 580 or 680 instead both of which have better specs for unamped use than the 780.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back