headphone/headset recommendation
Oct 14, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #16 of 18
Retail 2002

These ones? There is one other part, but unfortunately the description is pretty lacking...

If it makes it more comfortable to wear though, I'm all for it. Btw are there any differences other than cosmetic compared with the AKG K 518 DJ?

Oct 14, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #17 of 18
I don't have any real suggestions or improvements over what has been said, but somewhat related: when wearing glasses with headphones, I find it definitely worth-while to pull the ear-rests up above the headphones. It will tilt your glasses slightly, but it is much, much more comfortable, and the vision discomfort is negligible. The ear discomfort of having the rests press against your skin however, is large.

I think a lot of people do this / have discovered this, but just in case you didn't know, now you do.

Oct 14, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgogeta4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Retail 2002

These ones? There is one other part, but unfortunately the description is pretty lacking...

If it makes it more comfortable to wear though, I'm all for it. Btw are there any differences other than cosmetic compared with the AKG K 518 DJ?

Yes, that's the right part number. The Akg K518dj and K518le are only different in color choice.

A few other thoughts that just came to me: the K81's are significantly larger than the PX100/PX200/other portable phones. Though they are still on-ear, I don't know if they're that great for wearing with glasses. Not something I've tried. Also, be aware that the cord on the K81 is 6' long for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back