Headphone Hair
Nov 2, 2004 at 5:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Zealot261

New Head-Fier
I was just inspecting my hair after several hours of wearing my HD 580s and noticed I had a nice hair dent. I was wondering if anyone had their hair cut specifically to make wearing headphones more comfortable/cooler?

It just really reminded me that I need a hair cut. The shorter the better, helps keep my head cool and curbs the 'headphone hair'.

Just a random thought after homework....
580smile.gif

Nov 2, 2004 at 5:39 AM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zealot261
I was just inspecting my hair after several hours of wearing my HD 580s and noticed I had a nice hair dent. I was wondering if anyone had their hair cut specifically to make wearing headphones more comfortable/cooler?

It just really reminded me that I need a hair cut. The shorter the better, helps keep my head cool and curbs the 'headphone hair'.

Just a random thought after homework....
580smile.gif

Just shave that strip off, from ear to ear.
cool.gif

Nov 2, 2004 at 5:50 AM Post #4 of 13
i actually do cut my hair shorter now, but it really wasn't for the headphone dent in my hair.
instead, i switched headphones. i was using a pair of Sennheiser HD 590 but swithed to Grado SR-325 which have smaller earpads that only cover my ears and don't leave a dent in my hair.

Nov 2, 2004 at 6:23 AM Post #6 of 13
I have long-ass hair, so I get headphone hair all the time. It makes me choose the screeching highs of the EX51's (only canalphones I have right now) over my now-beloved Grado SR-60's. Then again, it's easier to make good use of my hair and headbang with canalphones than it is with regular headphones.

Nov 2, 2004 at 8:34 AM Post #9 of 13
i don't even WANT to think about a900 + my hair right now... sheesh. at least normal headphones aren't as noticeable with my hair.

so yeah. headphone hair sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back