Headphone Guilt
Jan 5, 2007 at 4:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mastercheif

100+ Head-Fier
As a relitivly in-experianced Head-Fi'er, I am expercancing some guilt. I just my Shure E500s, and I am using them way more than my Ultrasones. My Ultrasones look all lonely when I am not listing to them, a victim of upgraditis. But it's not that my Shures sound better, they are just different.

Does anybody else experiance guilt when you use 1 phone more than the others?

Jan 5, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #2 of 9
Nope. Then again, I can say that each of my headphones is clearly and undoubtedly an improvement over the last...DT990>HD555>HD497>E2C>iBuds

Jan 5, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #3 of 9
After receiving a K601 and a DT880 for Christmas and birthday respectively, my DT770 were feeling a bit left out. I coaxed him out of his drawer and had a nice long conversation with him and then listened to a couple of songs. He's feeling much better about himself, and I am no longer wracked with guilt. I'm going to have to do the same thing with my E4c soon. She's stressing out so badly that she's beginning to crack - literally.

Life is a struggle here...

Jan 5, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #5 of 9
yeah i feel guilty when I do that kind of thing. When I got my hd650's I used them way more than my sr325's and still do. The 325's try and play a sad violin song to express their grief, but I tell them that the violin sounds far too bright and unrealistic.

Jan 5, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have forced rotation schedules so that the headphones can all feel the love equally.

Does this also include crotch lovin
icon10.gif

Jan 5, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #8 of 9
I use my headphones for different purposes so they get a lot of use.

RS-1's are at school, so when I'm there, they are my only option.

GS-1000's/PS-1's are at home, a good deal of fun with my main system, or when I'm listening to DVDs.

UM2's are for bed time.

Etys are still broken and need some love sooner than later, and then they will once again be my hospital phones.

iGrados are for when I'm on the go/running.

Jan 5, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by CLum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does this also include crotch lovin
icon10.gif

ahahaha, sorry man but you will never escape that picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back