Headphone friendly iphone 5s case
May 15, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 10
Hope I'm not too late.

For headphone usage I prefer cases that are open on the top and bottom, like Elago cases (I use Elago Outfit Matrix):

Not sure if you can see how I mean, but there is no plastic covering the bottom part (and the top part, not shown in pic) making any 3.5mm headphone jack possible.

May 15, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #3 of 10
I currently use a Dodo Case folio type case that uses a sticky reusable backing that leaves no mark when removed to protect my iphone while allowing for a HP connector. I also use a super slim clear plasticky "luvvitt" case which I just sneak the bottom of the phone out if need be... My wife uses a speck "?candyshell?" In which the bottom of the case folds back for better access to lightning and HP jacks.... The speck provides the best protection IMO

May 15, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #4 of 10
You can buy this and get a Magpul case.

http://www.amazon.com/Cellet-3-5mm-Mini-Jack-Adapter-iPhone/dp/B0013RTHEO/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1400189487&sr=1-5&keywords=3.5mm+male+to+female

May 17, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #6 of 10
I need some recommendations for iPhone 5s cases that have a headphone jack hole large enough to allow the use of any full size headphones.

Conversely, maybe it's more a question of using a case-friendly headphone plug. My HD600 cable when you pull out the 6.3mm adapter works in any phone case (the headphone just doesn't work well with the phone's amp), ditto the K550. Fforget about using ViaBlue plugs with just about any phone case that isn't very, very slim plastic; ditto the Grado 3.5mm male to 6.3mm female adapter.

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #8 of 10
I use the Otterbox Commuter case for this reason. The short and coiled cables that come with the M50x, Shure SRH840, Sennheiser Mommentums, Denon D600, Denon D340 have all fit perfectly. 

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #9 of 10
What about the iPhone Vmoda Vamp Verza? 
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #10 of 10
I need some recommendations for iPhone 5s cases that have a headphone jack hole large enough to allow the use of any full size headphones.

I just use the Verizon case/holster for my iPhone 5: http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/case-and-holster-for-iphone-5/

Has a kickstand, holster, and accommodates any headphone jack of any size.  
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back