Headphone for night or to fall asleep
Dec 24, 2022 at 7:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Roland de Gilead

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I often fall asleep watching a movie, watching youtube or listening to music with my headphone in my bed.

It turns out that my focal clear is too big on the pillow because I have my ipad on my bedside and I stay in a lateral position.
My PX8 is very good but I have the impression of bending the metal a little and damaging it with the weight of my head on the pillow.

So I have to take back my HD598 which no longer fears anything and as in addition the headphone output of my iPad no longer works I connect via Bluetooth to a bluewave get which, no longer recharging, remains permanently connected. So basically I have a naim uniti headphone edition and a focal clear in my living room and I spend my time like an old headset with good background noise and compressed sound. It has to change.

Do you have experiences to share?

I'm thinking about a loxjie P20 connected to my fiio m11 (which no longer has a 3.5 output!!) and a balanced HD660S.

Thanks for your commentary.

Dec 24, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 13
Personally I prefer IEMs in my bedroom for the reasons you mention. The IE600 are really good for sleeping.

Dec 27, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 13
if you find the F7200 intrusive, then yes iems are not for you. I used it's little brother the F4100 for years due to it being one of the smallest iems on the market. the ie300/600/900 are quite reasonable but much larger than the finals!

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #5 of 13
this isnt an audiophile product but they make sweatband like headphones specifically for sleep. Nothing in your ear to worry about but they aren't going to sound great.

If you want to sleep better you aren't going to want to be watching movies before sleep but I guess thats a topic for a different message board.

Dec 27, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #6 of 13
ce n'est pas un produit audiophile, mais ils fabriquent un bandeau anti-transpiration comme un casque spécialement conçu pour le sommeil. Rien à craindre dans votre oreille, mais ils ne sonneront pas très bien.

Si vous voulez mieux dormir, vous ne voudrez pas regarder des films avant de dormir, mais je suppose que c'est un sujet pour un autre babillard.
Thanks for your message. Fall asleep was my main issu before i made a one week without eating anyting in la pensée sauvage but as you said it’s another thread. I saw the headband but i prefer to be not as confortable and still get an audiophile experience. What is ok with the hd 598 is that he is thin and have only one cable so whatever the side i sleep i can turn them on my head and stop beeing bothering by the cable.

Dec 30, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #7 of 13
Headphones too large to sleep for me. Recommend consider Sennheiser IE300/600/900 series OR the Astell & Kern AKT8ie MKii teardrop design. This one simply disappears in your ears and doesn't hurt lying sideways on the pillow.

Jan 4, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #9 of 13
I personally struggle to fall asleep with anything in my ears, but I did manage to take a nap once with Moondrop Quarks. Although I didn't really have a deep seal with them..

Feb 8, 2023 at 11:47 PM Post #12 of 13
Absolutely flat iems with tight tips that don't move work best for me. My current favorite is the Blessing 2 Dusk with xelastic tips. I have tried planar irms such as the Timeless, but they cut out when you move around and don't feel as comfortable. I think experimentation and individual solutions are the key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back