Headphone for HDCD format
Jun 6, 2003 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

daffa

Head-Fier
Hi All, after upgrading my source to Linn Ikemi and connect it with EMP, my first choice is the RS-1 followed by CD3K, depends on the music. I rarely listen to my W1000.
Yesterday, my first batch of HDCD format CDS arrived. Couldn't wait and I listened to those CDs so many times with various headphones I have. The result? Surprisingly, the W1000 performs the best, that what I am using now. It is so smooth, balanced and musical. Details are there too! Couldn't believe it better than RS1 and CD3K. Well, perhaps this is my subjective feeling. But I LOVE IT!!! Particularly the vocals!!

Oh yeah, my favourite is Elvis Costello and Burt Bacharah's Painted from Memory CD and Blondie's Live in NY.

Jun 6, 2003 at 6:36 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by daffa
Hi All, after upgrading my source to Linn Ikemi and connect it with EMP, my first choice is the RS-1 followed by CD3K, depends on the music. I rarely listen to my W1000.
Yesterday, my first batch of HDCD format CDS arrived. Couldn't wait and I listened to those CDs so many times with various headphones I have. The result? Surprisingly, the W1000 performs the best, that what I am using now. It is so smooth, balanced and musical. Details are there too! Couldn't believe it better than RS1 and CD3K. Well, perhaps this is my subjective feeling. But I LOVE IT!!! Particularly the vocals!!

Oh yeah, my favourite is Elvis Costello and Burt Bacharah's Painted from Memory CD and Blondie's Live in NY.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that you check out Stax electrostatics.

Jun 6, 2003 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Scarpitti
I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that you check out Stax electrostatics.

Wow, I couldn't see that one coming.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 6, 2003 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 6
Yeah, I love good properly decoded HDCD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back