Headphone for gaming sound effect and entertaiment?
Dec 10, 2017 at 6:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

thisisit

New Head-Fier
I already decide to buy ad700x for competitive fps games. Yet I heard It is not really good for entertainment. I have some options in mind like dt990, dt770 and hd598 sr, dt series are harder to drive than hd 598sr. So what headphone can be perfect on gaming sound effect within 200$. Thanks.

Dec 10, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #2 of 5
The Audio Technica AD series, HD598, K712, and Fidelio X2 are among the best headphones for gaming. I love the 598 because of the soundstage and natural sound it gives. The X2 has the most bass out of the bunch while keeping a good Soundstage. If you want something that can help with competitive fps AND let's you feel the explosions, then a used X2 may be perfect.

Dec 10, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #3 of 5
The Audio Technica AD series, HD598, K712, and Fidelio X2 are among the best headphones for gaming. I love the 598 because of the soundstage and natural sound it gives. The X2 has the most bass out of the bunch while keeping a good Soundstage. If you want something that can help with competitive fps AND let's you feel the explosions, then a used X2 may be perfect.
How are the dt990 and dt770? I am pretty satisfied with their appearance.

Dec 11, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #4 of 5
I already decide to buy ad700x for competitive fps games. Yet I heard It is not really good for entertainment. I have some options in mind like dt990, dt770 and hd598 sr, dt series are harder to drive than hd 598sr. So what headphone can be perfect on gaming sound effect within 200$. Thanks.
What sources (sound card or DAC/amp or other) are you going yo plug the headphones into?
Headphones that might be very different (more bass/treble) then the AD700X, check out the Soundmagic HP200 headphones.

Dec 11, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #5 of 5
What sources (sound card or DAC/amp or other) are you going yo plug the headphones into?
Headphones that might be very different (more bass/treble) then the AD700X, check out the Soundmagic HP200 headphones.
Thanks for reply. I am still using my on-board audio, not sure which sound card suit me. I play fps game mainly(competitive and campaign).
On-board audio:
ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO/specifications/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back