headphone for Feliks espressivo MKII
May 29, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #16 of 34
Do you ever use your headphones on the go?

May 29, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #19 of 34
I’ve never heard the Topping.

I just thought that maybe a Chord Mojo could be the answer.

May 29, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #20 of 34
Alternatively, for pure desktop use, you might look at this:

http://soekris.eu/shop/dac_modules_...shipping_in_end_may_2017_preorder_now_en.html

I haven’t heard it myself, but I’ve heard good things about it, and there is a dedicated thread here on HF. At the end of the day, I would recommend trying to find a good entry-level R2R DAC. The Soekris also appears to have a self-powered USB input (it is described as “isolated”).

Oh, and it’s made in the EU, so no worries about import duties.

May 29, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #24 of 34
Alternatively, for pure desktop use, you might look at this:

http://soekris.eu/shop/dac_modules_...shipping_in_end_may_2017_preorder_now_en.html

I haven’t heard it myself, but I’ve heard good things about it, and there is a dedicated thread here on HF. At the end of the day, I would recommend trying to find a good entry-level R2R DAC. The Soekris also appears to have a self-powered USB input (it is described as “isolated”).

Oh, and it’s made in the EU, so no worries about import duties.
nice dac

May 29, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #25 of 34
I'm confused, the JDS Labs EL DAC and the Topping D50 both have the same inputs, coaxial, optical and USB.

Along with the same outputs, one pair of RCA.
yes correct ..I'm the confused one XD
i need one imput for connect my Iphone X
for example , shiit modi 3 , have rca imput and whit simple cable minijack/rca i connect easy my iphone to dac ...
exists one cable that goes from minijack to coaxial or optical?
thx

May 29, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #26 of 34
yes correct ..I'm the confused one XD
i need one imput for connect my Iphone X
for example , shiit modi 3 , have rca imput and whit simple cable minijack/rca i connect easy my iphone to dac ...
exists one cable that goes from minijack to coaxial or optical?
thx

Modi 3 does not have RCA input, the RCA's are outputs.

You will need to get a camera connection kit to hook your iphone up to the DAC. You cannot hook it up out of the mini-jack.

May 29, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #27 of 34
The only way to get a digital output out of your iPhone X is via the Lightning Port (the slot at the bottom of the phone). For this, you will need an Apple CCK, which will allow you to connect a USB cable (which then goes to the DAC).

May 29, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #28 of 34
May 29, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #30 of 34
USB A to whatever USB connector the DAC has (many have B, some have A, some have Micro).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back