Headphone Extension Cable Help Requested Please?...
Feb 28, 2015 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Synergist969

100+ Head-Fier
  To Whomever Might be Interested in Helping:

I own pair of balanced headphones, connected to the 4 Pin XLR output of my headphone amplifier, and need to move my headphone amplifier further away from my listening chair, such that I will need:

1. A new/replacement, minimum 3 meter length, 4 pin XLR headphone cable to connect my LCD-2 headphones to my Ragnarok amp., 
                                                                                       OR
2. An audiophile grade, 2 meter minimum length, 4 pin male to 4 pin female XLR extension cable to insert between the amp and the current headphone cable,
                                                                                        OR
3. A pair of 4 pin to 3 pin "Y" XLR adapters, (one with a 4 pin male connector to dual 3 pin female connectors, to connect to the Ragnarok), and another one with dual 3 pin male connectors to a single female 4 pin connector, to connect to the LCD-2's headphone cable),     AS WELL AS a pair of audiophile grade standard 3 pin XLR cables to connect both "Y" adapters together to "complete the circuit" between said headphones and amplifier...  :)  ...

Should a great 4 pin XLR extension cable exist, I would like to try THAT solution first, so I do not have to pay for an entire, new dedicated, extra long headphone cable, if in fact high quality extensions exist...  

Alternatively, who would manufacture the XLR 4 pin to 3 pin "Y" adapters I would need in order to utilize audiophile grade standard 3 pin XLR cables between them, and what manufacturer of audiophile grade 3 pin XLR cables would one recommend?

My brief attempt at research has yielded nothing particularly helpful thus far, so please do not hesitate to attempt to assist, you can only be helpful by suggesting things...

Thank you in advance for your input/suggestions/direction!

Sincerely,
T. A. Kogstrom

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #2 of 2
Bump...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back