Headphone Extension and IC Cable...
Dec 16, 2003 at 6:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

vwap

Padawan.
I think this has been discussed a few times, but I can't get a good consensus on what's good, what'll fit, etc, so here goes.

I'm planning on buying some Canare 4E6S cable. Is this the 'Star-Quad' that everyone refers to? Is it good cable?
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm planning on using this for both ICs and a 20-foot (or so) headphone extension. Should it be flexible enough for both uses?

On the ICs, I'm planning on using those Canare F-10's that people either love or hate. Will these fit the cables? Anyone have any better suggestions?

On the headphone extension, I'm planning on a pair of Canare F-16's. Will this work/fit? Anyone have much experience with these?

Now then, a few basic questions about putting them together (and yes, I've read through the IC building guide
smily_headphones1.gif
). The first is.. with the combinations I've listed above, will I need heatshrink? If I need a spring, where do I get that (or, what is it specifically called?), and is it easy to install?

Secondly, in terms of solder, does the Radio Shack 62/36/2 Silver-bearing solder suffice? I've also got a spool of Multicore Sn63 (63/37 Tin/Lead) solder. Will that be any good?

Thanks everyone for any input you can give me!

[EDIT: Hm. I'll need a female connector on one end of the headphone extension.. can someone recommend a set of plugs for a headphone extension?
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks]

Dec 16, 2003 at 7:30 PM Post #3 of 4
Canare Star Quad is the 4E6S stuff. pretty flexible stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back