Headphone Driver
Aug 10, 2015 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

atistatic

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, i need advice of headphones cuz it's the second headphones that already get RIP the left driver, the firstone was a DT-880 600ohm and now a AKG K701, this is cuz i put high volume or something like dat? cuz i have a Online UPS.

Aug 10, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #2 of 4
  Hi guys, i need advice of headphones cuz it's the second headphones that already get RIP the left driver, the firstone was a DT-880 600ohm and now a AKG K701, this is cuz i put high volume or something like dat? cuz i have a Online UPS.

A UPS only helps if there's a problem coming from the main line of electricity. I can use the safest power supply chain and cleanest amplifier output, and still blow out speakers by listening too loud that the drivers reach their excursion limits until they eventually break. Given you didn't say you were already deaf from listening this isn't what happened either, and also both your headphones had the left driver die. 

What are you plugging them in to? It could have a lot of clipping on the left channel, has some fault that results in the same damage, or is just really badly designed.

Just how loud are you listening anyway? In my case I wouldn't even get to hearing damage levels on either of those on mainstream devices aside from the headphone output on my desktop computer, since the distortion would be so bad before I reach that point my ears will ache not from SPL but from how bad the sound is.

Aug 10, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 4

A UPS only helps if there's a problem coming from the main line of electricity. I can use the safest power supply chain and cleanest amplifier output, and still blow out speakers by listening too loud that the drivers reach their excursion limits until they eventually break. Given you didn't say you were already deaf from listening this isn't what happened either, and also both your headphones had the left driver die. 

What are you plugging them in to? It could have a lot of clipping on the left channel, has some fault that results in the same damage, or is just really badly designed.

Just how loud are you listening anyway? In my case I wouldn't even get to hearing damage levels on either of those on mainstream devices aside from the headphone output on my desktop computer, since the distortion would be so bad before I reach that point my ears will ache not from SPL but from how bad the sound is.

I pluged in directly to a Anedio D2 DAC, At volume 80. Im thinking seriously leave beside the headphones and get a pair of monitor studio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back