Headphone distortion could cause damage?
May 10, 2013 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Klipschfan

New Head-Fier
Hi there, I'm new here so please bare with me. I would to say that I was listening to music on iTunes on my computer and I was in the eq settings adjusting the bass when I accidentally raised the 125 to the top. My headphones started distorting really badly but I lowered the 125 after about 5 seconds. I am here to ask you if this could damage my headphones? I have the Klipsch Image Ones and they tend to be a bit bass heavy which is the reason why I was lowering the bass.

Thanks

May 10, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hi there, I'm new here so please bare with me. I would to say that I was listening to music on iTunes on my computer and I was in the eq settings adjusting the bass when I accidentally raised the 125 to the top. My headphones started distorting really badly but I lowered the 125 after about 5 seconds. I am here to ask you if this could damage my headphones? I have the Klipsch Image Ones and they tend to be a bit bass heavy which is the reason why I was lowering the bass.

Thanks

distortion itself won't hurt the headphones, but if the sound created is much more, then yes.

But I don't think 5 seconds could really hurt them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back