Headphone Dilemma-Picking the ONE!
May 15, 2009 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Kimmy7

New Head-Fier
Hi, i have been visiting and reading the forums on head-fi for the past year, and finally registered.
smile.gif

History- I used to just use the normal earbuds you get for mp3 players about 3 years ago. Since then, i have found a real obsession in trying to find headphones that are the One.(headphones that blow me away each time i listen and i can use them forever). I have an old pair of beyerdynamic open headphones that are wonderful sounding( warm and rich) but they leak too much sound. After that i bought a few pairs of i-e-m's but soon found them to not be right for me.

Note- I listen on a cowon PMP, or plugged into a Rotel amplifier.

About a year ago i purchased a sennheiser px 200 which the sound quality blew me away. I did a burn in for about 100 hours and they sounded even more amazing, but as i listend more precisely it did not sound like what i really wanted. After that i decided i should try earbuds and got a pair of audio tehnica cm700's. I love these earbuds - they soundstage is excellent and the sound can be warm with tweaks to the equaliser.

SO here is my dilemma.
L3000.gif

Im looking for a closed ( or one that doesn't leak sound) portable headphone that has rich warm sound and clarity with soundstage similar to cm700s.
I also cannot use a headphone with 3m cables, as i am not good at keeping these in condition.

Cord - 2m or less
Can be Run off a portable pmp without loss in quality or volume

Budget is US $800.
THank you very much for any input

Users who are viewing this thread

Back