Headphone dealers in Minneapolis
Mar 30, 2009 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

UncleDavid218

100+ Head-Fier
So I'm looking at buying some Grados and Senns and I would like to demo them before I make the plunge. Out of all of the dealers in the Twin Cities, which one would be the "best" one to go to? Ideally I'd like to try all sorts of stuff.

Mar 30, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 9
Audio Perfection on Lyndale has the entire Grado line, and a laid back atmosphere to audition in. No Senns though; never really found any high end Sennheiser around town, though I'm sure they're around here somewhere.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #4 of 9
Yes, but it is just a storefront for a mail order operation. I've bought record sleeves and vinyl accessories from them but never attempted to audition any thing there. They really aren't equipped.

Apr 5, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 9
I went to Audio Perfection today... wow. That place has so much high end speaker gear it took me about 1/2 an hour to even start taking it all in. I auditioned the RS-1 and RS-2's and they both sounded great. They offered me a GREAT deal on both the RS phones but ultimately I'm going to save a little more and go with the RS-1's (after their generous discount the 1's are only $180 more).

I am still in shock and awe with all of the hi-fi gear there. Good lord, there's gotta be over $2 million in inventory on the main floor...

Apr 5, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #6 of 9
I live in Sioux Falls, but everytime I make it up the cities I stop in to Audio Perfection. They are the closest Magnepan dealer for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #7 of 9
Awesome. I've been wondering about this same thing! Thanks guys.

Aug 31, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #8 of 9
Never new about that store. Gotta go check it out! Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back