Headphone DAC
Aug 23, 2011 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

kurb1980

New Head-Fier
Looking for the best headphone DAC that supports 96/24.  Must be under $500 looking for something that best in class?

Thanks,

Aug 26, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #3 of 8
[size=10pt]Good luck with that. My advice to you first hand out here for few months read everything you eye catches, after awhile you will know what you need. [/size]

[size=10pt]If it sound too hard, here is  easy way.[/size]
[size=10pt]Stop drinking latte for a month, save $200 then take your $500 and buy  used Mytek96 DAC and never look back.[/size]
[size=10pt]Good luck! [/size]

Aug 26, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #4 of 8
What in/outs do you need?  I really like my Apogee Duet 2.

Aug 26, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #5 of 8
I've heard great things about the Nuforce HDP and Yulong D100. Both are DAC/Amp combos, which IMO is better than getting just a head amp. I'm considering getting one of the two unless someone provides another model with good recommendations.

I posted a thread, but got no good responses. I'll let you know if I get any other DAC's in the same price range.

@DjAmTrax: anything you like about your Apogee Duet 2? Pros/Cons? Comparisons to other DACs?

Aug 26, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #6 of 8
If the Duet 2 had Optical and other digital inputs, it would be KILLER.  I love the sound and it's built real well.  Apogee is well respected in the Pro Audio world for it' digital audio advancements so they know how to make a GREAT DAC.

BTW, the Duet 2 is "Bus-Powered" so one USB cable powers it and sends the audio.  Less wire mess.

Aug 27, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
I've heard great things about the Nuforce HDP and Yulong D100. Both are DAC/Amp combos, which IMO is better than getting just a head amp. I'm considering getting one of the two unless someone provides another model with good recommendations.

I posted a thread, but got no good responses. I'll let you know if I get any other DAC's in the same price range.

@DjAmTrax: anything you like about your Apogee Duet 2? Pros/Cons? Comparisons to other DACs?

If people thought that getting separate head amps was a bad idea, the nice ones wouldn't be just as expensive as the combos. Unless of course, you're talking from an economical standpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back