Headphone Dac/amp for my computer
Mar 15, 2016 at 5:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

NemoReborn

100+ Head-Fier
hi there , i am looking for a Dac/amp for my dt770 80 ohm .. i am using them on my laptop directly into the 3.5mm output for the moment ... i am looking for a unit with amp and dac in the same unit... something that could be bought in canada also would be great .

i can get a -Cambridge magicDac Plus from a retailer near my place for 449$+ tax

i also found this on the web , at Avshop.ca  - Fostex Hp-a4

but id like to have more option ... to compare and choose .  any tough ?

Mar 15, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #3 of 8
If you don't need a preamp output, DSD, etc, just get the custom-spec O2+ODAC - RCA jacks (line output from ODAC or line input to O2 section) and power input to the rear, and you get a choice between a 6.3mm and 3.5mm headphone jack.
https://www.jdslabs.com/products/48/o2-odac-combo-revb/

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoReborn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im not sure about the preamp part , what a preamp do actualy ???  i might use the dac on my old yamaha rx460 stereo amp tho ..  do i need pre amp for this ???  

Preamp Out is basically a volume-controlled output. The preamp on your DAC or HPamp can control the level on it, so it hooks up to a pure power amplifier (not a receiver like the RX460) for passive speakers, like the NAD214 or First Watt, or powered monitors which have either gain controls on each speaker or a still harder to reach volume knob on one of them.

Mar 17, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #8 of 8
-Teac ud-301 have bad usb from what ive read. Forget this one

-Fostex hp-a4 use usb as powersupply so it result with low headphone amp performance.. So forget this one too

I am now reading about the Cambridge magicdac plus.. Any suggestion ?

Like i said im looking for dac/amp together to use with my laptop. Not portable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back