Headphone+DAC/ADC/amp bundle for ~$500-$800?
Jun 8, 2013 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cwith

New Head-Fier
Hi, guy with basically no idea what I'm doing here.
I'm currently using Sony MDR-V6s, which are pretty nice, but have been looking into making a bit of an upgrade. I'm thinking about getting a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (~$200) for a combination DAC/ADC/amp, it seems to be a nice all-in-one sort of thing with a reasonable price. I'm a bit wary of the seeming simplicity though, which could hint at not so great quality. What headphones would you guys recommend that fit in the $300-$600 range, or what other ADC/DAC/amps would be better for around the same price range?
Thanks a ton.

Jun 8, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 4
Read the battle of the flagships thread here. Most of the old flagship headphones fit in your budget and can be had for $250-$500. If you're willing to do some digging on Ebay and the sale forums, you might also be able to get a vintage Stax system.

I have not heard the Focusrite unit you're referring to, but I've heard the Aune T1 and various Audio GD and Audinst all in ones that sound good and will fit your budget. There's also good feedback for Fiio and Schiit gear on this forum as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back