Headphone Cup Vibration Buzz
Jan 10, 2007 at 7:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

yokochamas

New Head-Fier
I have fairly new Sony MDR-XD200 headphones (very low-end, I know...) that have developed a vibration buzz in the right cup when deep or strong bass is being played. I figured someone here would know about this kind of problem, and would have a suggestion I could try or opening them up and securing whatever is vibrating?

Thanks for any help.

Jan 10, 2007 at 8:41 AM Post #2 of 4
Oftentimes what people thought were broken drivers are actually loose hair trapped inside the cup and vibrating to certain frequencies. So. Check and see if there's any dirt or hair trapped inside the cup.

Alternatively, you could get another headphone. The KSC-75 at $12 is a good buy, the Sennheiser PX-100 and Grado SR-60 at $50 also offer great value for the money. For some concise reviews, check out headphone.com.
biggrin.gif

Welcome to head-fi, sorry 'bout your wallet.

Jan 10, 2007 at 9:58 AM Post #3 of 4
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll open them up if I can and see what I find, though I find it hard to believe (with my limited experience) that hair could be the problem. It sounds so much like a plastic part vibrating or something.

I won't bother to get new headphones because not long from now I'll be entering into the audiophile area of music equipment, and I'll be serious and careful about my headphones when that time comes. I'm excited :]

Jan 10, 2007 at 12:26 PM Post #4 of 4
I am getting the same but the weird thing is if I change my cables to the amplifier so left channel gets right channel I get the sound in the other speaker???

Is it my soundcard that is messed up or the amplifier?

I have the DT 770 PRO and I don´t seem to get it connecting directly to the soundcard but that may just be that I can´t drive it hard enough to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back