Headphone connector 1/8 to 1/4.
May 18, 2007 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Grey Massacre

500+ Head-Fier
Hello there,

I am not entirely certain if this post beyonds to the headphone section, if I am mistaken please move it and forgive me.

I am looking for a 1/8 female to 1/4 male adaptor and it will be used with my future Darth.

I went to the local electronic shop and all they had is the cheap hexagon type, not even gold plated.

I will have silver/copper cables in between my source and amp. It will be a Little Dot2++ and my Darth are going to be recabled with BlackMax.

I feel that the connector will be the weak element in my chain... if I pick a cheap one.

What do you guys think? I would also know if any of you could point me any good place to buy one?

Thanks,

Charles

May 19, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #3 of 7
May 19, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why not have your darth's terminated with a 1/4?

gold plated really means nothing...

Oh well I figured out it would be easier for portable amps to go with 1/8 as I use one and probably will try others. I find it easier to go from 1/8 to 1/4 than the opposite.

Thanks anyway!

Charles

May 19, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could get the Grado 1/8 to 1/4 cable from TTVJ. And if you are a first-time member, you get a $10 off coupon so your order is free (basically, I'm not sure if he'll count shipping as free)

http://www.ttvj.com/index.php?main_p...939952f75164f0

Hi ChickenGod,

Oh yea I should have guessed! Very helpful, I will have a look!
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks,

Charles

May 19, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Massacre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh well I figured out it would be easier for portable amps to go with 1/8 as I use one and probably will try others. I find it easier to go from 1/8 to 1/4 than the opposite.

I once thought like you but I've changed my mind. if I get my DT880s recabled or order Darths (eventually I'll probably do both), I'm getting a 1/4" plug. It's just a sturdier higher quality connection. I've already purchased the Grado 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor in case I need it. (It's very high quality and gold plated...) If you're getting excellent cans like Darths, I would consider changing your order to 1/4" although I certainly understand the argument in the other direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back