Headphone Choices?
Oct 6, 2013 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

XxCyr3xX

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone I'm new to the forums and have been reading a lot and would like some suggestions from the users on here.  First of all just so everyone knows my current pc specs are:

3570k@4,0Ghz
Asus Maximus V Formula
GTX 680
Live Gamer HD
Creative Sound Blaster Z

I am currently looking for a good pair of headphones for my SBZ, and have come down to the ad700/x, ad900/x or k701.  It will be mainly for gaming with some music listening. I play various types of games mainly MMO's and single player RPG's but also FPS and racing and anything in between.  The headsets I mentioned are ones that I see praised a lot on here but I am willing to take advice from more experienced users. I have not tried a pair of open headphones before but that is what I see a lot of people recommending about on here. If you have anymore questions to ask me to help me out go ahead I am needing all the help I can get.

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 4
Did you disable the motherboard's built in audio, in the BIOS?
I would assume the AD900X sounds better then the AD700X.
Between the AD900X and K701 ???
As a ATH-A900X owner, I'm biased for the (40-Ohm) ATH-AD900Xs.
but as the SB-Z's headphone jack has a 22-Ohm impedance, the 62-Ohm K701 might work a little better.

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 4
For your question I have not disabled my onboard audio in my BIOS I use my MB's Stereo Mix for my Live Gamer HD for when I record my gameplay.  As for the headphone choices I am clueless this is going to be my first decent audio setup so any direction is very helpful.

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #4 of 4
  For your question I have not disabled my onboard audio in my BIOS I use my MB's Stereo Mix for my Live Gamer HD for when I record my gameplay.  As for the headphone choices I am clueless this is going to be my first decent audio setup so any direction is very helpful.

What features does the on-board audio have, over the SB-Z, when is comes to using the Live Gamer HD?
I know zero about the Live Gamer HD.

Might try asking on this thread (or reading it), about comparing the K701 to the AD900X.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/321237/k701-appreciation-thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back