headphone choices, too many...
Feb 16, 2012 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

aaronius

New Head-Fier
Ok, I am in the market for some "nice" headphones.  I'm looking to spend no more than $200.  I mostly listen to metal and other types of rock. I do also like 80's pop.  Thats about it when it comes to music.  I plan on using these new heaphones for pc gaming and for the music I mentioned.  From my own research on these forums, amazon, cnet, etc... I have narrowed down my options to several choices.  I'd like to narrow it down some more but also, if there are other options that you all think I should consider then by all means please mention them. I'd prefer closed back design but if the open air design is going to sound that much better then I am willing to consider those as well.   

I'm considering the following:

Grado SR225i
Sennheiser HD25 1-ii
Audio Technica ATH-M50
Klipsch Image one
Sony MDR-V6

Unfortunately I don't have access to any of these with the exception of the klipsch image ones.  And they sounded really good to me with the 80's pop and even some techno but I felt like they lacked a little when it came to metal.  and metal/hard rock is the majority of what I listen.

They all fall in my price range and seem to have great reviews.  I found that most people tend to recommend the SR225i's and HD25 1-ii's for metal and rock.  I'm fairly new into the "nice" headphone market so experienced feedback is much appreciated. 

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #5 of 5
I have HD 25 Adidas and V6.
I would take Senns over V6 any time, - but as it is, I'll keep both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back