Headphone case sources? (Looking for a nice case)
Oct 9, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #16 of 18

Yeah plus you can remove the cable on those, although it wasn't really an issue on the K701 anyway. Looks like you'll just have to get a case. One other option though - you can just make one. Since you don't need a lid you can make one out of wood, kind of like a cigar box, but it won't need to be deep enough to fit the K712 - just enough to have some foam lining in it and still be deep enough that you can't accidentally swipe the headphones off the table. Line the sides too in case you do swipe it by accident.

As for the finish you can just use spray paint since it's the easiest, but of course if you can apply varnish then it'll look a bit better (heck maybe even line it with velvet or something over the foam bass).

Ah, the safety net of DIY, the best way to go in some cases in my opinion. Living in an apartment though I lack facilities for full from scratch construction, however, perhaps I will find a somewhat weighted box that will work and I can easily line it and foam it. In the mean time, I'll go with the suggestion from the folks at Headphone.com of an omega style holder to prevent stretching out the adjustment doo-dads. (Glad they said something as I was thinking of using the hanging type. Hmm, come to think of it I still can if I hang them from the two wires above the leather strap? Both types of stands are the same price, but I can get a dual hanger type (as long as its weighted at least so to prevent falling over when removing one headphone).

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #17 of 18
  Ah, the safety net of DIY, the best way to go in some cases in my opinion. Living in an apartment though I lack facilities for full from scratch construction, however, perhaps I will find a somewhat weighted box that will work and I can easily line it and foam it. In the mean time, I'll go with the suggestion from the folks at Headphone.com of an omega style holder to prevent stretching out the adjustment doo-dads. (Glad they said something as I was thinking of using the hanging type. Hmm, come to think of it I still can if I hang them from the two wires above the leather strap? Both types of stands are the same price, but I can get a dual hanger type (as long as its weighted at least so to prevent falling over when removing one headphone).

You mean the plastic chassis housing the wires? Yeah you can use those, although I'd feel much safer with an Omega-style stand since those plastic strips aren't anything like the metal  frames on other headbands, plus the self-adjusting system on AKG headphones would prevent undue wear from having the pads in contact with the Omega-style stand provided it isn't too wide (they can't be wider than a human head anyway).

Oct 10, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #18 of 18

You mean the plastic chassis housing the wires? Yeah you can use those, although I'd feel much safer with an Omega-style stand since those plastic strips aren't anything like the metal  frames on other headbands, plus the self-adjusting system on AKG headphones would prevent undue wear from having the pads in contact with the Omega-style stand provided it isn't too wide (they can't be wider than a human head anyway).

Yeah, after a few minutes thought, I too feel better just going the Omega style route for AKGs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back