Headphone Care
May 22, 2009 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

hortoholic

100+ Head-Fier
I bought a pair of Grados SR60i's and really like them. Lets say they are my first real headphones that are of this quality. Abybody who owns a headphone would or can you share some tips on how to keep these running for a long time and keep them clean? Care? If anyone has these cans, how do you like them?

Thank you all for your responses,
regular_smile .gif

hortoholic

May 22, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #5 of 17
Soap and warm water. Some suggest conditioner. Basically, if you can use it to clean your hair, it will probably work for the pads. Air dry, maybe squeeze in a towel first.

May 22, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #6 of 17
A lot of guys have headphone stands to keep there phones on. They are great for avoiding damage. However, I recently found this cool chest to keep my phones in. Avoids damage AND dust. Threw some foam in there, a beautiful thing!

May 22, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvrboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do not store your headphones on the floor of your messy room. You will step on them. Seriously.

The voice of experience?
tongue.gif

May 22, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The voice of experience?
tongue.gif

You beat me to it....

To the OP, I usually put my cans back in their packaging when not in use. This way they stay in good condition and you have no worries of damaging them...

May 22, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The voice of experience?
tongue.gif

Yeah, i did it twice! Also, i can tell you from my experience that you shouldn't drink beer around your laptop, and that you shouldn't leave bolts out of place when you re-assemble your motorcycle.

May 22, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #14 of 17
Some tips, that should keep them running for a while.
* Store under dust cover (case, bag, ...).
* Clean with a damp cloth once in a while.
* Handle with care (no cable pulling, excessive bending, ...).
* Use in a dry environment.
* Don't stress the drivers (keep the volume down).

May 22, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #15 of 17
I have an older (cleaned!) flattish toiletries/shaving bag like below that my MS1 fit into very nicely. First I lay the headphones flat, pads down, then gently loop the cord on top of the phones in about the same size circle as the entire headphones, and slip them into the bag -- yes, EVERY time I use them. Tedious, but OK.

Mercury-Luggage-Acadia-Shave-Kit~img~MYL~MYL1140_m.jpg

You can also find carry cases made for Grado's on eBay -- sold from Europe, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back