Headphone care question.
Aug 1, 2005 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Target1

100+ Head-Fier
This may have been asked before, but a quick search didn't turn it up.

I have my cans (either HD 580s, or SR 225s) plugged into my receiver right now. I also have my speakers plugged in. For inputs I have my computer plugged in which is always on. The way my receiver is set up there's no switch for the headphone jack. If something is plugged in and the speakers are on, it just goes through both. Is it bad for my cans to keep them plugged into the Head jack 24/7 with signal coming through all the time?

Mark

Aug 1, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #3 of 4
Im not what you'd call " super experianced" at all, but if its not burned in , then it will be okay, ( if you need mor info on that, just go to the burn in thread) but if there is no sound coming through, then you dont have to worry about this , but if there is ( static, music, ect...) then after the burn in period, you risk stretching the diaphrams. If I were you though , I would leave them unless it will be this way for years, because it will take a long time to wear you're phones' out.
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2005 at 3:23 PM Post #4 of 4
Definitely not a problem.

Your headphone doesn't care whether it is plugged in as long as there is no signal. Initially, you probably want a signal playing through them to burn them in more quickly. But after say 100 hours, you can leave the cans plugged in.

Just make sure you don't accidently crank the volume too high....if somebody comes along and tries to turn up the volume too high because he/she is expected to hear something through the speakers, then that could be bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back