Headphone cable for V-Moda Crossfade LP2 (in Canada?)
Nov 11, 2012 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sidejam

New Head-Fier
Before I ask my question, I did do a search and came across a few threads that helped a bit. These were the two threads that I looked at:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/126881/place-to-buy-good-cables-in-canada

http://www.head-fi.org/t/71148/diy-cable-gallery

In the first thread, I wish there were a few more answers and in the second thread, I wish there were a few less! 700 pages and still going. That's a long thread!!!

On to my question. I'm hoping that someone in Canada can answer this. I'm looking to order parts to make a headphone cable for my V-Moda Crossfade LP2 headphones. Ideally, I would like to order in Canada to avoid any duty. Alternatively, I don't mind ordering out of the States as long as the do not ship UPS. USPS ground would be ideal. I live in Ottawa, Ontario and unless I've missed them in a local search, I haven't found anywhere that stocks parts to build a DIY headphone cable. I've tried a couple of cables from Monoprice, and both cables seem to cut out a bit. Seems to be, no matter how careful I am with their cables, they seem to have weak connections somewhere in them.

A few more details about what I'm trying to accomplish. I know this cable won't make a huge difference in sound. But, I figure, it won't make it sound any worse either. My mobile setup is an iPad 3, Apple Camera Connector and a FIIO E7 DAC/amp. I'm looking to build a replacement cable about 4 ft long with 3.5mm connectors on each end. I know one thing I have to watch is the size of the connector since the jack in the headphones is a bit recessed. Has anyone else built a cable for the Crossfade headphones?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #2 of 2
Maybe I should broaden my search a bit. Has anybody ever made a new cable for the Crossfade LP or LP2? Or even found a 3.5mm jack that would fit into the headphone?

Maybe a pic would help. Here's the problem I'm facing:

The top cable is the V-Moda cable. The middle is a Monster adapter. It works. But, at best, I find it a bit awkward and I've already had one fail on me. The bottom jack is a Neutrik 3.5mm jack. This plug doesn't come anywhere close to fitting into the headphones. Also pictured is the recessed plug on the Crossfade LP2s. So far, only thing that fits in the plug is the stock cable and the Monster adapter.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back