headphone buyers database - opinions/help wanted
Dec 16, 2004 at 9:30 AM Post #121 of 131
If i get more familiar with them and a better source to judge them on, is there a way for me to review my woody+recabled 225's? of course, only if your site and Mr. Headphile allows me to will i do his.

Dec 16, 2004 at 9:52 AM Post #122 of 131
Love the site Commando, and big thanks to everyone who put reviews up there.

It does make me feel like i have the best-suited headphones for the price i paid (Alessandro MS-2) , the only problem being ... where to from here! The Price step is gigantic.

Dec 16, 2004 at 10:37 AM Post #123 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by phkd
If i get more familiar with them and a better source to judge them on, is there a way for me to review my woody+recabled 225's? of course, only if your site and Mr. Headphile allows me to will i do his.

It'd take a little bit of thought on my part to work out how to indicate modded cans in my database structure. You're probably better off waiting until I work it out before you submit your review. Use my contact form some time to remind me... might take until after new years until I get time.

Dec 16, 2004 at 11:03 AM Post #124 of 131
can we edit scores given to headphone characteristics too with the edit function or is that only for the written part?

Dec 16, 2004 at 11:08 AM Post #126 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
You can edit the scores and the text review.

maybe I'll start entering some then. haven't finalized on the scores but it should be close enough to what I think they should be.

got eight headphones done... many more to go.
biggrin.gif

Dec 16, 2004 at 12:20 PM Post #127 of 131
hmmm... the top ten list changed dramatically. heh.

what is odd though, some of the headphones get overall scores that are higher / lower than I expect them to. I'm still probably going to change some values and the ranking may change slightly from this, but parts of the ranking still don't make sense.

can we possibly use more values (like also including half-points) when we review headphones?

I don't know what formula is used to calculate the overall score, but possibly that should be revised....

maybe we also need more criteria to judge them by.

Dec 16, 2004 at 6:58 PM Post #128 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
hmmm... the top ten list changed dramatically. heh.

what is odd though, some of the headphones get overall scores that are higher / lower than I expect them to. I'm still probably going to change some values and the ranking may change slightly from this, but parts of the ranking still don't make sense.

can we possibly use more values (like also including half-points) when we review headphones?

I don't know what formula is used to calculate the overall score, but possibly that should be revised....

maybe we also need more criteria to judge them by.

Top10 looks fine to me... sorry, no half points, and right now no more criteria either. Gota keep a ballance between useability for experts and everyday people.

I'll look at the overall score some time, but it looks like it's doing its job ok for now.

Dec 18, 2004 at 2:04 AM Post #130 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
I think the top ten list would be more useful as a top twenty because otherwise we'll only see the really expensive headphones on the list.

Same thing could be said for the top 20. I could put a drop down box on the page that'd limit the price to headphones below a chosen value, perhaps.

I'm going to do some work on the site this evening, suggestions for what the most useful thing to add would be welcome. Thing i'm considering are "forgot your password", tweaking the user interface (menu bar and pictures mainly), and perhaps a user rating thing - ie more reviews = more stars beside your review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back